Friday, January 28, 2005

Climbing till you drop

So the route got conquered, pretty smoothly. It's fun, it's overhanging, it wanders and traverses a bit, and has nice big holds. I was thrilled that I remembered the finishing sequence. That's my biggest challenge, figuring out where to put my extremities while going upwards. Being strongly left-handed, I've had to fight to develop coordination on both sides.
And every session, whether inside or out, I spend a certain amount of time throwing myself at routes beyond my ability. There's a visceral thrill at managing extremely difficult sequences, for whatever twisted reasons. The effort involved takes me outside my personal preoccupations. How strange that i'll endure a fair amount of discomfort and outright pain in order to get this experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home