Sunday, June 25, 2006

Molded jello brains

Running along Green Lake was the coolest place to be this afternoon, with the wind coming off the water, and not the great hordes of people ambling along that I had expected, but many prone on blankets or draped over folding chairs. Not in my path, so I didn't need to run hurdles over them. The LED reader at Jock n' Jill's store read 82 degrees around 1:30 when I went in to get some new running shoes. Not so bad a temperature, but the contents of my skull were liquified by the time I got back up the hill and on our block. Two six year old girls were manning a lemonade stand, vying vigorously over who would pour out and who would take the cash. I suggested they each pour half, and then they could have all my change to count, all 55 cents or so. They were thrilled, and I got a brain-cooling beverage.
Cold items for dinner. Watched a Nature of Things special on what they called The Great Flood of 15,000 year ago which they think created distinctive landscapes due to the release of an ice-dammed giant lake east of present-day Missoula all the way to the Pacific Ocean, past Portland to Astoria and even down to where Eugene is today. Astounding depictions of what must have occurred, including theories and demonstrations for various land formations such as giant potholes and huge "riffles." Perfect fare for my heat-retarded mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home