Thursday, September 04, 2008

Warning, beautification ahead

The once every three months session was upon me, so off I went for hair pruning and fine tuning. Salons are such girly places, not exactly my style. I usually feel like an anthropologist oberving an unknown tribe. At least my dear stylist is a progressive, politically. We both agreed we didn't want to get started on McLame's VP choice. Nary a word was spoken upon that topic.
Oddly, the people I've heard arguing about her in public were a few older men at a health club. One of them, a guy whom I know is Catholic with a fair number of kids, stated loudly that she needed to be home with her family. I'll bet he's not much for family planning, and he didn't think she's doing very well with her own. I would agree, she should walk her own talk about the importance of taking care of one's offspring. More evidence of rightwing hypocrisy. A rule: Whatever a rightwinger claims, go directly to its opposite and there you will find their factual and actual beliefs and behaviors.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I feel like an anthropologist whenever I go to a hair salon as well. Interesting sub-culture there. The right-wing hypocrisy is really making me crazy.

4:03 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

One almost wishes to be in a distant future where this lot has been eradicated...

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home