Friday, September 18, 2009

Devilish duck

On a little stroll by the lake, I happened to glance at a strange scene; a dragonfly was twirling around near a female duck, who looked up and practically levitated as she snapped at the insect.
Reminded me of those scenes of great white sharks coming out of the water after seals. The dragonfly zipped upwards; you could almost see the "what the fuck?!" cartoon balloon appear above its tiny head. For some reason, I thought mallards ate plants, didn't know they were omnivorous.
Such a hot wonderful day, a last lazy afternoon before more rain.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

A great image, isabelita. What a sight.

7:40 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, since I don't put up photos, I must try to be descriptive...
It were a scary duck!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home