Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tempis sucks

Learned the day after it happened that a local place in which we've had delicious meals and beverages closed for good; had I known this was coming, I would have stopped by for a farewell toast. It isn't my habit to stop by a bar in the afternoon, even if the place looked inviting after a workout, so I passed it by. The spot where it existed has housed a few places over the years we've been here, but this last incarnation was the most fun. I spoke with one of the owners today, who remarked that another establishment was moving in, something that "fits the neighborhood better." I told him his place had suited us just fine, and he said not everyone would agree. Made me wonder who around here has such lofty pretensions; perhaps it wasn't continental enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home