Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Such a nice day

The weather was fabulous today, portending disaster for our summer water supply if we don't have at least two straight months of miserably cold rain at sea level, to get at least a modicum of snowpack in the Cascades. So I walk and run in lovely sunshine in February and fret about what's going to happen in July and August. My neighbor told me it was my Midwestern pessimistic upbringing that wouldn't allow me to revel in the beautiful moment and only worry about how we will pay later. (He should know, he was growing up in Michigan while I was growing up in Ohio.) Big water bill, or dead lawn? I'm the type that tries to conserve; I want things to last, I don't go for the flashy new items, the "consumer rush." Yet every time I find things that last, like shoes, clothes, whatever - they are discontinued. My dear old dad called this phenomenon being "snake bit." Must be a family tradition. Thus far it hasn't happened to the people I care most about.
Talk about sounding like Grandpa Simpson! Enough.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home