Monday, June 26, 2006

Whole state goes red!

At least on the weather map; it's supposed to get into the 90's today, and although that garners no sympathy from Parts Hotter, USA, it's unusual here and makes Seattlites swoon. My neighbor and friend with the chickens has been keeping a thermometer in her car out of curiosity, and it had broken yesterday afternoon, busted out like one of those old 1950's cartoon characters losing his temper.
It did get up to 90, but a coolish NW wind kept us sane.
Went to a barbeque at a friend's house which included her son, nephew, goddaughter, our son, a friend of his, and a couple including a young woman who is the daughter my friend never had. Pleasant evening, whiled away eating and drinking, listening to travel tales and young guys playing guitars. The hour passed midnight almost unnoticed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I live where I do because I hate the heat - I melt when it gets past some where like 80 degress. Global warming isn't going to be good for me.

but...at least it makes the winds stronger.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home