Saturday, July 22, 2006

Promising start

Down to 70's F this morning, with a sweet high cloud cover. Humidity, low and inside. Squeezed out a couple of walks with my mom, who is determined to get her exercise, even if it's hot. Moderation and plenty of electrolytes are key.
Brain not running quite at speed today, but I could walk away the rest of the daylight hours. We'll see what the evening offers.
Took our son out for a beverage and conversation. Images of the Tour de France on the screen across the bar area prompted discussion of bicycles and riding them, something I haven't done this year. Too many close calls with SUV mirrors in past years made me start to ponder numbers coming up. Talking about our past riding and trips stirred an old interest, so I may reclaim my Peugeot PX - 10 from beloved son to at least add some variety to my fitness practices.
Some people we'd met earlier this year came into the pub, having just finished a candlelight vigil for the Middle East. They'd been down at Green Lake, which is one of several popular gathering spots for all kinds of vigils and memorials, from the anniversary of Roe v. Wade to a recent one in honor of the local mother and daughter murdered while out hiking a couple of weeks ago. The people marching last night have family and friends in Beirut, and are receiving horrific reports from them. Lebanon's people are suffering enormously, yet again, for what seems to me merely being in the path of aggressors. Kind of like Poland.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

You'll have some monkeying around to do with the seat & seatpost. We may have even taken your seat out and inserted a different (longer) one. Take a look before you hop on.

1:55 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Oh, thanks, Phil. It may be a few days, anyway.

2:05 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yes, kathyr, there are some paths around, but a big one, the Burke-Gilman Trail, is mixed use, and can get hellishly crowded some days. Not my favorite place to ride, ironically.
I think I am harking back to days when we rode all over the city, on "back streets" that at the time were used a lot by bicyclists, but now are full of too many cars, trucks, etc. At least for my sense of well-being.
Guess I'm a bit fearful in my mature years...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home