Monday, September 04, 2006

Quiet day

Till I got my man back late this afternoon, fresh from the hinterlands of Ohio. Actually the whole state might qualify as a hinterland, along with a handful of other benighted ones. The Benighted States of America...
Swell evening to grill halibut and salmon outside; we steamed the beets from the farmers' market, and discovered they were the "candy cane" variety, striped dark and light inside. All they needed was a dribble or so of soy sauce.
Night time walk, balmy and calm.

3 Comments:

Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

Finally a respite from the summer heat in Austin... high today... oh about 70. :-)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, Beets...I don't get to cook beets at home because beloved spouse "hates" em. I love em - in all their various colors. There is a reason why they make sugar out of some varieties. So, I am relegated to eating them in salads mainly when I order out. Alas...I have to switch my kids on to them, but you know how that goes.

7:39 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yo, Mr. K-god. Good to hear you're getting some coolness in your atmosphere. Say, those posts you did regarding gender issues were terrific. Forgot to tell you.

'spike, can't you just do a little side of beets at home? Like, yer own special stash? Oh, I had a roasted beet, goat cheese, and toasted walnut on mixed fancy greens once that was deelish. Tonight I just ate one cold and sliced,it was so fine. I'm getting more beets manana.
Dang. They're so easy to grow, and we punted on the veggie garden this year.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home