Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cures for blues

Yesterday was the most depressing day of the year, according to a psychology feller over in the UK. Today is National Pie Day, during which we are urged to consume pies. How about using pies, in order to combat the blues left over from yesterday? And what better way to USE pies than at a screening of the SOTU blather this evening? Wiping that wide screen TV off after every salvo will get messy, but it would be kind of amusing and liberating to whack that POTUS and his grimacing puppet master with a mushy one.

6 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I fell asleep and missed the whold damned thing. From what I'm hearing this morning, I didn't miss much. In the past I have over used certain curse words while watching him speak.

6:35 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, pop, we tried a sample or two of it, and found we preferred an old Steve Irwin episode on Animal Planet, in which he and his wife were on Tasmania. It was much more satisfying to watch the Tasmanian Devils fighting over roadkill than to watch Bush try to make us ignore all the roadkill he's brought on in Iraq.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I missed it, but based on all the follow up commentary, I'm not even going to read it like I usually do.

A slice of fresh berry or fruit pie sounds like a splended solution for the post SotU address blues.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

You're buying me a wide-screen TV?

9:08 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I watched some of it. He's trying to figure out how to give tax breaks to rich people for causing global climate change. I think that's what I heard.

I did like Jim Webb's rebuttal. Quite effective.

8:17 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, if we werrent' on our usual winter slimming regimen...

p2 - Hah!

Well, sure, robin, it's the Pillaging and Looting Act of 2007.
Yeah, I've read Webb's response. I do hope something actually comes of this.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home