Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moon over lake

We managed a lovely evening walk, lit by a nearly full moon. The cat's been behaving oddly, maybe due to the lunar phase, but more likely it's owing to the altercation he was involved in with a cat from a street over. He'll be confronted, and can't seem to resist chasing the interloper off his patch; then he huffs and gimps like some old farmer who's just run off a watermelon-stealing varmint. He's 58 in "cat years"; he's getting into that ornery bachelor stage.

4 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

I'm getting into that ornery married geezer stage. As we were driving west toward the office early this morning, I pointed out the moon, low in the western sky, to my wife, and I called it a "breakfast moon." She thought I was serious and said she had never heard that term before. And then she was pissed at me for revealing her gullibility. I thought it was funny. She didn't. Not even a little bit.

4:56 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ruh-oh, Reorge... yeah, late-ish fifties is a turning point for all creatures great and small.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at your description of your geezer cat chasing the kids off his lawn.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

58's just not lookin' that old these days.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home