Monday, December 31, 2007

Winding it up

What a day to have at the end of the year; perfect, calm, cold, but clear. My mother's walking her usual distance again, with no obvious impairment, although she tends to be very stoic and not let on. Now I hope we can build up the cheerfulness quotient. Mine was shored up by a short but intense climbing session, just enough to fortify me.
Nice little gathering of kayak enthusiasts tonight. They appreciated the home made bread I brought, leaving but one little slice on the plate. Quite a variety of people, and all were looking forward to more paddling in the new year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Babette said...

One of my yoga buddies and her husband are on a dragon boat racing team named Hot Sake. One of their teammates made a cute video: My Eating Team Has A Paddling Problem.

Happy New Year! What happened with the Space Needle fireworks??!!

11:49 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

I read somewhere this morning that there was a computer problem, and the fireworks display had to be completed manually. I didn't see them.
Hope it's a good New Year...

1:02 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

Happy New Year, isabelita. I hope it's a year of peace. I hope we elect a real Democrat in November. That would be a grand year.

4:20 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

And same to you, robin. Now, I frankly don't think any of the candidates is ideal, but I suppose we'll end up voting against whatever whacko the GOP puts up.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home