Monday, June 02, 2008

Good day unreliable sunshine

A short climbing session was available, and one acquaintance was there who'd just returned from 45 days of trekking in Nepal. It sounded kind of horrendous to me, weeks spent at 18,000 feet, treacherous "trails", where a fall pretty much meant injury or death; also you lose muscle tissue being up there for so long, and this guy had nothing extra to lose. When I'm in my 60's, I don't think I would want that kind of challenge, but of course no one knows until they reach that point.
There are many milder treks available, but no guarantees about weather conditions or political climates.
The sun flickered on and off all day, but determined to have a springlike experience, I scouted out the new high-quality ice cream parlor not far from the supermarket. Three bucks seemed high for a scoop, but they are very generous, and the stuff is dangerously delicious. The flavor I sampled was called "Scout Mint", very minty and loaded with what looked and tasted like crushed Girl Scout Thin Mints. It almost felt summery, walking along with an ice cream cone.

4 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Scout Mint sounds like a delicious scoop. Reminds me of line from The Addams Family movie. A girl scout selling cookies knocks on the spooky house door, and one of the kids answers. The girl scout says, "I'm selling girl scout cookies." The Addams kid says, "Oh really, are they made from real girl scouts?"

We had a day of warm weather and fair skies. Absolutely glorious. I think it may be a wee bit warmer here than in Seattle, but not by much.

10:51 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

It is delicious; I rarely eat ice cream any more, it didn't seemt o agree with me, but this stuff didn't bother me at all!
Heh - No, I'm sure no Girl Scouts were harmed in the production of this ice cream...
Oh, drat, it's been raining since some time in the middle of the night, and we even had to turn on the furnace this morning!!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger JS said...

I'd pay to spend a night someplace where I had to turn on the furnace in the morning. It's been dropping down to 78 at night for the past several days, topping out at 98. And humid. I'm ready to try a scoop or two...right about now, it sounds truly delicious!

5:24 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Okay, John, that does sound miserable, in a different way. And I know we have the luxury of complaining about merely the weather...

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home