Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What has happened to summer?

Such downpourings and winds blowing; I've heard more than one tale of abandoned plans for hikes and camping. One of our housemates has a friend visiting from out of town, and their hopes for climbing action have been severely dampened.
The farmers' market is forging on, under tarps and tents. Umbrellas jostle as we wait to pick out our vegetables. One farm has an amazing array of eggplants, from tiny egg-sized white ones, to lavender and white striped, to huge white, Japanese and regular dark ones. The bean varieties are still lagging.
It's cool enough for a hot chocolate beverage; certain So Cal people may think that is enviable, but we've been skunked...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grabbed summer last Sunday as I flew out the door to catch my airport shuttle. Sorry about that - I haven't really used it since I've been here. It molders in my suitcase.

If I have room, I'll bring it back Friday night. I'll unzip my duffel on the porch before I come into the house, and let it flow into the atmosphere.

Unless it's died here due to lack of attention. Did you say I should water it, or not? I kinda forget.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

It's Endless Summer here, baby. Which is why I envy the cool & damp where you are.

The grass is always greener.

Except here, of course, unless you water the hell out of it.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home