Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wowzers

Perhaps imaginary, but there seemed to be a generally happy air about the town. There was indeed at the climbing gym, where we did a celebratory workout and compared notes on Tuesday night's events. The little ice cream store in the shopping district was advertising "free scoops of Baracky Obama!", but the line was long so I declined. In the hipper parts of Seattle, notably the Capitol Hill area, there was drinkification and dancing in the streets until the wee hours, according to photographic records. Looking at people who are supposedly being considered as possibilities for Obama's administration, I hope the hangovers aren't years-long. Gates? Powell? Rubin? Summers? WTF?? NO "reaching across the aisle", says I. That lot had their chance, and shoved us into near ruin. Queue up the old Who song...

3 Comments:

Blogger Springer Kneeblood said...

I shoujld know...but I can't come up with it. Which Who song?

6:25 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

"Won't Get Fooled Again": "Here comes teh new boss, Same as the old boss....SCREAMMMMMMM!!!"

8:00 PM  
Blogger Springer Kneeblood said...

Of course! I think my brain is melting.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home