Monday, December 01, 2008

Tea leaves

They didn't apprise me of the imminent demise of the toaster oven. Ironically, now I must shop for yet another item, in addition to the griddle thingy. No wonder really rich folks hire personal shoppers. If I were as rich as a queen, I think I'd have my own blacksmith and appliance guy to attend to these tasks.
A friend and I zoomed out on a speedy walk, beating the rain. So many flowers blooming now that shouldn't be; I've never seen this around here. The Pacific Northwest will one day be a semitropical place.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

I have a relatively recently purchased Cuisinart toaster oven that I like a lot. I never owned a toaster oven before, but I am getting very attached to this one.

5:39 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

We had a Cuisinart before this one, and after three or four years, it died. burned out heating element, which would have cost more to send to Arizona for repair than it cost to get another toaster oven. I don't recall the model, but it was around $100.
I found a small appliance repair place in Seattle, and the guy told me the only ones he could get parts for are De Longhi and Krups, sometimes.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost overlooked that "blacksmith" line item in the budget. Kind of hypocritical of you to line out my "chambermaid" line item, no?

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home