Monday, February 09, 2009

Calling an audible

About a half an inch or so of snow fell overnight, delaying school starts. My friend with a school age child needed to bail on our climbing session, so the day had no high spot until evening. In a miserably cold mixed rain and snow event, we hoisted our bumbershoots and hiked out for sushi. The company was the best, the place was warm and cozy, good music playing, good things to eat.
The summit of Annapurna was attained by two of the ten climbers in the book I have been reading, and the mountain claimed two others' lives. Debatable as far as recreation is concerned, but then so is ice fishing on Lake Erie.

2 Comments:

Blogger Springer Kneeblood said...

I was getting a bit concerned over no posts for an extended period, but then when I opened my Bloglines favorite feeds, I was surprised to see 21 posts listed. So, I shall no longer depend on Bloglines to inform me of new posts; I shall visit on my own to see if there's anything new.

4:39 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Here, but not terribly inspired.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home