Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Turnaround

More sleep, more sun, and even a routine day can be all right. Hairdoin' for the nonegenarian, plus a bit of a Valentine offering in a little stuffed monkey doll. Corny as hell, but much appreciated by her. Peeps has a line of dangerously sugary-looking bright pink hearts out, and the in house afficianado received a package for some early taste-testing.
Local scandal here about the state's L & I department "accidentally" double paying something like 10-15 million bucks annually for the past fifteen years, due to a "double coding" error. Sounds like an inside job to me, especially since the biggest recipients were local builders. I wouldn't put it past the BIAW to hack into L & I's sytem. How the bloody hell can something like that go undetected for fifteen years? They'll never get it all back. Breathtaking.

3 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I saw that story in the Seattle PI. That's a lot of money going out erroneously for 15 years. Don't they balance their books annually? I had to balance my little million dollar budget at the university at the end of every fiscal year.

7:52 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ya got me. If it's any indication how other departments are run, this state is truly screwed up.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Springer Kneeblood said...

Makes me wonder about what education people are getting...any?

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home