Saturday, May 16, 2009

Surprising pleasure

Very enjoyable afternoon and evening spent with a friend from high schools days whom we haven't seen for almost thirty years. Her husband was in town giving a seminar so she came out to join him. You never know if there will be enough or anything to talk about, but we fared nicely. She almost tempted me to go back for our fortieth high school reunion, but I haven't been in touch with anyone from that time for so long, I don't think it's worth the resources to go. No temptation left in the early light of day.
Puget Sound, incredibly, cooperated with the loveliest weather we've seen for months. It's like a golf game, one sweet experience and people think the place is paradisical; plenty of folks know the truth. But the mountains all stood out beautifully in the distance, and we watched huge limos pull up to a restaurant in the Pike Place Market and disgorge scores of prom kids in the foreground.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

High school reunions. Ick.

Haven't been (last one I skipped was 30th) and don't plan to go. I mean "never say never" and all, but...

1:49 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

If I could walk to it, I'd consider it.

6:15 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I haven't been to any of my high school's reunions. 2010 will be 40 years. Yeah, if I could walk, I'd consider it.

I remember being seduced by a week of beautiful weather in Port Townsend. When it's beautiful, there's nothing like it.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home