Monday, August 31, 2009

bumbling along

After the morning damp burned off, we had another fabulous late summer day. There's a gelato joint on the main shopping street, with the attention-getting name of "Fainting Goat." They do have a flavor made with goat's milk, and it has something in it the woman co-owner called "mastica"; she said it was similar to the flavoring in Greek retsina wine. They gave me a taste, and it was wonderful, sweet and a bit pungent with just that hint of evergreen. I've never tasted anything like it. Stuck with one of my favorite gelati flavors, stracciatella, I think it's spelled, vanilla with chocolate seams running through it, very dark chocolate ones. One does need relief on a very warm day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a gelato joint in our neighborhood, but it didn't make it. :-( My favorite flavor is hazelnut -- with chocolate as a nice addition if I'm feeling gluttonous!

6:00 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

There's another gelato place down by Green Lake, farther away from us. Both shops have chocolate/hazelnut, or gianduia, flvaor...mmmm.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home