Thursday, March 25, 2010

About face

Chilly and wet again, but still a good day for walking. Also good for hot chocolate, which isn't as appealing when it's warm outside. Browsed through Whole Paycheck, and it was unpleasant to hear how whiny the customers could get. They can be rude, too, ramming into anyone who stops to look at a display; kind of like a high-priced Walmart. Stopped by a small pet supplies store, and the place was overflowing with rescued cats up for adoption. They were all very passive, sleeping, laying around looking limp; the stories of their sad little lives were posted on the cage fronts, and it was too hard to read more than a couple of them.
Beloved spouse suffered a long homeward commute, as bad as any L.A. foul-up, so I treated him to a light repast at a nearby joint.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

you are so good to your beloved!

I have such a hard time seeing orphaned animals...I want to take them ALL home but cannot.

I am seldom at WHole Paycheck, but when I do go I find staff and patrons very cheery and kind. I must have hit it at good times....

5:29 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yeah, just a weird spell at that place, I guess. I always vow not to go back, since the owner of the whole operation is such a jerk, but sometimes convenience beckons.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home