Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Day of erranding

Pretty good afternoon for long walks and grocery gathering; the wind started whipping in as a front slowly made its way towards us. Petals from the too early blooming cherry trees pelted me as passed beneath them, then drifted all over the sidewalks and parking strips. No precip until I was just about back from a work out.
The Zola novel took a very grim turn, and may develop into something I will have to read between fingers before my eyes. He is plunging Nana into frightening territory, and she will not do well. Oddly, part of this underworld, which Zola clearly meant to be horrifying, concerns lesbian and gay activities, with lurid descriptions of haunts and characters. Very strange counterpoint to the abusiveness of the straight males; I haven't quite sorted it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home