Friday, March 18, 2005

The clan's amassing!

Our son may be back today, although it wasn't guaranteed. I went to the Bottlewerks beer shop, next to City Cellars wine shop, to find an appropriate six pack for him as a welcome home.
I asked the young feller behind the counter about the taste of one of the breweries' offerings, something called Flying Dog Brewery, from Ft. Collins, CO, which frankly had caught my eye owing to its packaging, colorfully illustrated by Ralph Steadman. ( I wonder if Dr. Gonzo ever diluted his booze with this beer.) The shopkeeper informed me that their beers were fairly light, and very "sessionable." I didn't quite catch that descriptor the first time; I thought he'd said "very sexual," which didn't make sense on any level, so I asked him to repeat it. "Sessionable," said he with a grin on his gob, "As in they're easily drunk. You can down them easily."
"Oh!" said I. "Yes, well, that's a new term for me." I purchased an IPA from Dick's Brewery in Centralia, WA, passing over Dick's Danger Beer as being too much of an unknown. Surely the young shopkeep would have enlightened me, but if lighter beer is sessionable, St. Paddy only knows what Danger Beer might prove...
Last night was a night of several consecutive hours of good sleeping, and I feel so good I could probably frisk right up a mountain. Let's hope this happens again tonight, as I am thinking of participating in a climbing competition tomorrow. It's good for all that ails ya.
Almost 8 bells, and no sign of the boy. I shall commit this entry to posterity, or what passes for it on the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home