Thursday, March 10, 2005

Can't waste this gorgeous drought-ridden day...

Another dreamy day. What bliss to run in shorts and a sleeveless top, through a blooming landscape; the air down by Green Lake wasn't foul yet from the festering quality the water takes on late in summer, and the air was slightly cool. I could picture the pitiful shreds of snow melting in the Cascades, and its chilly spirit wafting down here on a northerly breeze. I'll give it a home for as long as I can remember how it felt.
Portugal is forsaken, I can't help but continue with the Mitchell novel. Here's a wrtier who's caught my imagination.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Language Guy said...

I recently read "A small death in Lisbon" by Robert Wilson, which is a very interesting historically driven mystery novel set primarily in Portugal. Reading it persuaded me that Portugal was and still is foresaken. I realized that though I knew quite a lot about Spain and had traveled to Barcelona and Madrid, I knew almost nothing about Portugal. I am not sure I want to know a lot more.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home