Monday, December 19, 2005

We're off to walk the doglets, the wonderful doglets of...

Not Oz. But the munchkins woulda loved these two little guys, Enzo and Dino, chihuahuas, not yet full grown. I got into my friends' house successfully, got the leashes on the fellers, who were waiting for me, dressed up in their little poly pro sweaters, hopping about excitedly. The older one's relief at getting outside to take a leak was palpable; you could just about hear his little sigh of relief. He energetically led us off down the street, with his younger brother getting increasingly either cold or nervous, or perhaps both; he was quivering and balking. Eventually I had mercy on the little one, and we went back inside. Treats all round - not for me, I really don't much care for vegan doggie yummies - and they trotted off to plop down on their little blankies. Successful outing for all, which shall be repeated every day this work week. Yes, I tend towards the saintly; well, the kind of saint that likes to be able to smite, just in case.
Oh... yesterday, whilst at the climbing gym with a good friend, I ran into my more recently acquired friend who didn't know what a rutabaga looked like. Being a strong advocate of visual aids, I had the rutabaga in my climbing pack, and presented it, with a flourish, for her to examine. I even offered it to her as a holiday gift, but she graciously declined. Little did I know that December is National Rutabaga Month! And further, that there exists an Advanced Rutabaga Studies Institute - AKA by the acronym ARSI - which is chock full of quirky geeky hilarity, including a live, streaming "rutacam." One cannot aptly describe this, one can only urge other ones to go take a peek...

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

How can you tell when a chihuahua is full grown? When they're bigger than a rutabaga?

1:22 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Heh heh...got me, Neil! Evidently when they show signs of being "chubby," but I have seen rutabagas bigger than the smaller of these two puppies...

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home