Sunday, December 11, 2005

Which demigod do I petition for sleep?

On my lips. We went to a party last night, the famous crazy gift exchange one we've gone to for several years now; good time, great food and wine, but as I was walking down their very black asphalt driveway, my high-heeled fancy boots hit a patch of what we call out here "black ice" - and no, we don't call the wind "Mariah" - and I slipped faster than an exhalation. Somehow I fell on the muscular part of my right shoulder, missing the bumper of a truck with my head, thus sustaining only a kind of achy soreness. It happened so quickly I stayed relaxed. Kind of like decking off a boulder problem, only onto a very hard surface rather than pea gravel or a crash pad.
Got to bed late; beloved spouse had to get up a little before 4:00 this morning to head out on a business trip; night's sleep shattered.
Went to the climbing gym with some female friends anyway, beat myself up as much as possible, and tonight I think I shall sleep the sleep of the pagan avenger.

2 Comments:

Blogger isabelita said...

Oh, kathyr, come on. You've always been on my good side! I'm a mean liberal, not just mean in general!
It was amazing, though, the longer I climbed, the tireder I got, the better I felt. Must be my European peasant stock kicking in...

3:34 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Cower. Whimper. Grovel.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home