Friday, December 09, 2005

Down with Jesusmas!

Keep it to yourselves, freaks. Shut up, stay inside and pray, quietly. Instead of shopping, give all your gift-buying money to charities which help the abused, starving children who should never have been born, but owing to the dogma of your fundamentalist religions, have been forced into this world to parents who die of AIDS, or can't support the large numbers of kids they bring forth, or get killed by US bombs in Iraq. Or any number of scenarios.
Went out for a bite and a beverage with my menfolk. We worked up a plan for the 'morrow: Head up to Index, the cruel cliffs of Index, for climbing and hiking. It's a bit on the chilly side, but we're not going to get anything nicer weatherwise for a while around here. This will require relatively early rising around here, but if I get to bed NOW, I think I can manage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,

At times, a simple bah humbug will do quite nicely. I've been posting a bit of Dickens as of late as I just finished his classic A Christmas Carol - which many people know, but very few people have actually read. It's fantastic, by the way.

Incidentially, when the weather goes sour, we should remind ourselves this is the reason all those wonderful high tech fibers and fabrics were invented. Toss 'em on and head out the door as it always looks worse from the inside of the window.

Blog on Sister.

3:11 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

So, are you scolding me, 'spike? You have said your humbug; I wanted a stronger expression of what I see as a terribly damaging hypocrisy rampant in the world these days, even though it's nothing new. Sanctimonious, holier-than-thou-ism.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scolding, by no means. That indeed is the trouble with the internet: it is difficult to read the tone of any particular post of comment. More to the point, I thought I was agreeing with you.

Blog on.

3:47 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Oh, good, windspike. I do appreciate your blog and comments, and hoped we weren't going to have a strange moment.
Oh, you're so right about the vagueries of communicating via this medium.
kathyr - I likes me holiday nice and pagan!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home