Friday, August 18, 2006

finally Friday

Another urban hike to pick up necessities, down the hill and along the lake. Today's unexpected theme was abandoned items of clothing which appeared randomly along my route: A tiny pair of pink running shoes; a tangled skimpy black women's tank top; a small pair of plaid boxer shorts; assorted socks, from baby sized to men's dirty white ones; and a filthy "wife beater" sleeveless men's undershirt.
The Co op had piles of beautiful produce: jade green beans, garnet plums and grapes, speckled pluots and ruby raspberries, glistening greens. It's not a large store, but since we don't have our backyard garden up and growing, it's a pleasure to be able to pick up organic items. Next year I hope we will be gardening again.
Beloved spouse returned safely from Milwaukee, no transportation troubles.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I seem to be having blogger problems because when I check on blogs new posts don't appear for days. I was by some time on Saturday, and there were no new posts. Now I'm back and there was one on Friday, and another yesterday. This happens even when I hit "refresh." Yikes. What else am I missing in the world? Nice list of things you found, and the produce sounds delish.
BTW-- You mentioned sending Istanbul to me. Maybe we could rendezvous sometime, and I'll just be able to take it from your hands in person!

9:23 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Oh, the blasted world goes on its daily grind, thanks to the big media eye in the sky! Yes, to rendezvous!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home