Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We done the Do

Another hairdo event for my mother; I went down to the pet store nearby to look for some kind of different catfood for the surviving cat, and discovered the hair salon owner's daughter there with her little dog. She was confidently arranging items on shelves, and making note of inventory needs aloud to the owner, who said she is often there and most helpful. This 10 year old will have some impressive organizational skills upon which to draw in later years.
We attended Drinking Liberally, where the giant TV screen was tuned to the Connecticut primary results. Lieberman's disgusting and disingenuous concession speech brought on a few groans. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's highly visible countenances behind Lamont caused a few more. We decided we thought featuring the also present Maxine Waters would have afforded the Rove machine less ammunition.
Had some informative exchanges with some local political operatives, as well as good conversation with some previous acquaintances from the weekly event.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is it me, or do Sharpton and Jackson seem like political leaches, latching on to just about every photo op they can get linked on? I don't know, but I suppose they hold some credibility with certainl populations of folk...but really...I don't know what to make of them being there.

9:00 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Nor do I, 'spike. Now, Maxine Waters evidently worked her ass off for Lamont, so she belonged there. Sharpton and Jackson...are they spokesmen for some part of the African american constituency? I know someone I can ask, next time I see her.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home