Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What can I say?

Imagine cool nights perfect for sleeping, breezy mornings with cloud cover breaking up, seguing into delectable afternoons: this is the environment thus far this week. Running in it is fine, walking in late evening is akin to swimming through some clear medium which focuses and clarifies all it holds. Late evening walk was necessary, a big loop up the hills and past the northwest corner of the lake. Out in the grassy area sandwiched between Aurora Avenue and the lake, scores of rabbits scampered all over, clustering near some seated humans who appeared to be attempting to commune with the animals. Maybe there's some kind of rabbit cult developing. When there are "furries" out there emulating the real ones, then I'll be worried.


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Isa,

It scares me that you know about the "furries." these people are nutty.

Blog on sister, blog on.

5:31 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I don't know about the furries. But I do know the weather has been absolutely fantastic. I love these cool nights.

About Bush reading Camus (from the post below), I think it's just to counter the arguments that he's an intellectual lightweight. Now he can say, "Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday...I don't know," and the press will be wowed by his grasp of existential reality.

7:21 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

'spike, I am in Seattle. There are many sorts of...interest groups here! I read about them some time ago in The Stranger, our local alternative weekly.

Robin andrea, furries are people who like to dress up in animal costumes and um, interact in various ways...
Oh, good depiction of the Shrub's grasp of existentialism!!! Fuck him, he's a mental lightweight. But he is, however, in possession of a keen animal cunning. I fear that serves him quite well for what he's doing...

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home