Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fine chocolate chases clouds away

There's a newish little place on the main street of our shopping district which specializes in many things chocolate. They have an array of hot chocolate choices, ranging from their basic "house chocolate" through all sorts of variations. On a gray and drizzly late morning, it's a delight to pick up an eight ounce to go, with a complimentary mint atop the lid.
Managed to line up all the book group picks, used and new. It's hard to abandon Wharton, however, and her keen skewering of various characters. One would not liked to have gotten in her crosshairs...can you say merciless?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds delicious, backed up with a shot of espresso and you are good to go.

Leave it to seattle to be ahead of the great beverages curve

12:19 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Hey, it gets gloomy here in the winter, and hot beverages are so cheering!
Funny, we read a novel by an Icelandic writer not too long ago, "Independent People" by Halldor Laxness, in which sheep farmers in 1900 were guzzling strong coffee by the gallon to get through their truly grim winter months. Evidently this trend is as old as the Icelandic croft farms...

1:44 PM  
Blogger JS said...

I've added "Independent People" to my list of must-read books. Maybe I should have you buy my books from now on, as everything I read about on your blog makes me want to add to my list. Thanks for the bubbly wishes, incidentally...my wife and I did celebrate the grand anniversary!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home