Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Just a blur

Another day flew by. On our first walk, my mother and I were ambling along the closest arterial street, when a woman approached us. "I know," said my mom. "You're going to tell me we've never seen her before." Well, yeah, because we haven't. My mother has this strange deja vu syndrome where anyone she sees who smiles and says hello is someone we've seen regularly.
"Well, no, we haven't," I replied. The woman reached us, and was immediately very friendly and funny. She described herself as having a "macabre sense of humor." I liked her for that. She moved here at her daughter's insistence, and lives nearby. She's close to my mom's age. We may have found a friend, if we ever see her again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

You came in tonight and smiled. I thought I recognized you, but I was afraid of being one of those crazy old guys who insists that some poor woman he meets was his high school sweetheart back in 1966, so I just nodded at you.

8:55 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

That would be so nice if you found someone new for your mom to talk to. It would probably be nice for you too.

Have a nice weekend and stay warm

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home