Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Frosting on the street

Our street always stays frozen in wintry weather, and our side of it even longer. The moss at the edge of the sidewalks was treacherous morning and night. Pretty sweet days and nights, thanks to this chilly clear-looking air. (It's actually pretty lousy with pollution.) Dragging our cozy butts out for a night time walk; if'n we don't, springtime-aimed fitness recovery will not be pretty. All one wants is real frosting, on everything edible.
The backyard is still too hard to dig up.

3 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

There are days I long for the frosting on the street...I lived in Chicago for 5 glorious years and loved the city and the weather. I guess I'm becoming a true geezer...I rarely miss the frosting and the godawful cold, waiting for a bus or walking to work. Ouch! Even now I feel the brutal breeze.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

You have frosting buried in the yard somewhere?

I need to read this post more closely...

8:14 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, maybe you could get a gig in Antarctica, if you really want some of that old time cold weather.
We talked to a woman on New Year's Eve who has had computer-related jobs on ships bound for the South Pole. Only thing is, they're long stints.

No, no, that was a new short paragraph, unrelated to edible frosting. Don't go English teacher on me, kathy! ;0)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home