Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A tale of two kitties

A few weeks ago, a very perky yellow tiger cat with white patches came zipping up to us on one of our walks. His name tag bore the moniker of a cat of ours that died last summer. We don't buy into reincarnation, but it was kind of odd to have him join us and our surviving cat on a several blocks long walk. His name tag included his owner's address, so when we got back to our house, I returned him to his residence a little over a block away. He immediately ran back to our house with me, so I just went inside and ignored him. Our cat was incensed, and tried to run him off. This episode has been repeated a few times.
The other day I ran into the tiger cat's owner, a woman I'm acquainted with, and told her about her cat. She said it didn't worry her that he walked with us; in fact, he has waited at a very busy cross town street near her house to cross, and shown up at a hardware store about seven blocks away, where they now keep treats for his visits. She's also had some calls on weekend nights, from people drinking at a tavern several blocks in the opposite direction. They have told her that her cat is at the tavern, having a good time, and that if she isn't worried, they'll drop him home later.

5 Comments:

Blogger JS said...

I want to find that tavern...people who would behave as the tavern crowd behaves are people I want to meet.

5:09 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, this joint is sort of a retro hangout for a younger crowd, and frankly, I'm surprised to have heard they've been so sweet to her cat. But it's the truth, thus far.
I really can't believe the range of this cat!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

You're sure that's a cat you're talking about?

6:32 AM  
Blogger FriĆ°vin said...

Although that's quite interesting I hate to see cats roaming where they might get hit by a car or something. I have anxiety dreams about such things!

10:11 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Yep, a real cute little guy. It would freak me out, though, if my cat did this much roaming. The big street this tiger cat crosses is really busy, and of course people go way over the 30 mph speed limit, run the pedestrian lights, etc. I'm afraid one day I'll see his grease spot on the pavement.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home