Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Elusive beauty

It finally revealed itself to us around three this afternoon, and now we're in for a stretch of warm and lovely growing weather; at least if that downpour last night didn't wash out the seeds that have been underground for a while.
Off to the salon for my mom, who savored both hair and toes being beautified; after the toeworks, she's practically floating in ecstasy. Short walks, owing to some kind of discombobulation, but I couldn't stand being inside on such a great evening. As I was heading up the hill towards home, I was hailed from a restaurant I was passing by a friend of ours, who was having tapas with a friend. I stopped and chatted briefly.
Well into Chekov's short stories; they are full of small delights and revelations about the way he handled character development. Just a few well-chosen words to describe their appearances, and they're off into dialogues; I think it reveals something about Chekov's playwriting methods.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I read an interesting piece the other day about the importance of foot care for the elderly. Nothing contributes to the a quick decline in health than a fall. Most older people can't reach to do their own footcare, so having it done is essential. The article also mentioned something about making sure that medications don't combine in a way that makes the elderly drowsy and unsteady, because that also contributes to the tendency to fall. I thought it was excellent advice.

I remember reading Chekov's plays in college. The characters always were well drawn.

Great weather for the garden!!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Fortunately, Robin, she takes no medications, other than a bitty aspirin and a multivitamin. It's just old age and its demands that are wearing on her. Sigh.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home