Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Not so festive

People keep wishing me a Happy Fourth of July. Considering what it's supposed to commemorate, I don't see how anyone can feel happy about it. Nice to have a day off, but this country has been dragged - well, I have been dragged, among others who don't support the GOP criminals - into harm's way, and has put much of the world in harm's way as well. "Never forget" should now be used to prod people's memories regarding who has been responsible for the pillaging of the USA.
The fireworks are pretty and diverting, but they do not stand for anything good these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

I have to confess that I never really liked 4th of July celebrations. So, I'm always glad to see the 5th roll around. Beautiful breezy day, temps in the 70s, and not a cloud in the sky here.

4:49 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Ah.. don't you love it? I just met up with a friend who grew up in California, and lived here for about 4 and 1/2 years before the weather got to her. She still wants to live here, because her parents have retired to Shaver Lake in the Sierras, and she could ditch out there when necessary.
Good to hear from you, Robin.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home