Sunday, January 06, 2008

Beans and rice

We needed some comfort food. Looking into my little fridgetop freezer, I found some black beans I'd bought at our nearby seasonal farmers' market last fall. They were perfect with some steamed jasmine rice, hot sauce, and a small amount of protein accompaniment.
Ah. Ms. Murdoch's novel is getting pretty horrific, in the domestic horror department that she creates so well. Must approach with thick skin. It's about as bad as watching aliens burst out of people's chests.

3 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

It's been comfort food all the time here at my mom's. I did add a bit of jalapeno sauce to something the other day and woke my taste buds right up.

Weird weather everywhere lately. We're hoping to hit the road at some point and try to avoid the next set of storms.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think John/Myopia is right. You must have read all of the other books if you have to read Iris Murdoch.

6:33 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Well, it's kind of a love/hate thing, but she's a very strong writer; she just drives me nuts sometimes.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home