Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Into the mists

Early this morning, I looked out the window and saw a fine rain coming down. It portended a return to bed for reading.
By afternoon, the clouds melted, and we had our daily few blocks and such. The nonegenarian has begun a collection of short stories by Hortense Callisher, and thus far really appreciates them. Her previous favorite seemed to be Raymond Carver, which I found interesting; his writing is very spare and existential-ish. Callisher is kind of a compressed writer, too, but in a bit older style.
I'm now alternating the Cortazar with a review of books by a French neurobiologist, Jean-Pierre Changeux; that part of Honors Biology regarding the functions of the human brain always engaged me, and it hasn't abated.

1 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

Glad to see that the sun is shining there, and you can get out for some walking.

I'm definitely with you on the engaging aspects of the human brain.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home