Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Not so fast

Last day for my visiting family members, and all we can say is that it's not raining. The farmers' market had a few more stands today, including the fisherfamily who make astoundingly delicious smoked salmon. The wife plied me with large sample chunks, so of course I succumbed. She said the horrible weather had been interfering with their fishing, and people would be waiting on the dock to buy fish when they'd get back in from the few trips they've been able to make. The famer tables are a bit sparse, and evidently the produce has been in suspended animation for a while.
The family savored the fresh salmon I brought home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was delicious. You're an excellent hunter-gatherer!

9:07 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I think it's going to be sunny for the next few days there. I certainly hope so. This long extended chill of late winter and early spring should come to an end. Fingers crossed.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home