Thursday, August 21, 2008

Got teeth

Better to do so than not, but getting crown work is a bit of an ordeal. Not phobic, but do worry about that cutting bit edging closer to tender parts of the mouth. And novocaine leaves me with a bizarre headache/mouth ache.
Finished Rikki Ducornet's story collection, and now am trying to work on that novel set up in the Arctic; it's not pulling me onward. Too many dire books piled bedside, too. A friend sent me a novel titled The Piano Teacher, which looks kind of interesting. Otherwise I might see if I can find the climbing guide to the North Cascades, to get into some quiet landscapes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

Ick. Sorry. Hate dental work.

Start the tequila drip as soon as the novocaine wears off.

2:48 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

I kept thinking "novacaine" looked wrong.
Well, just a wee dram of vodka with soda and lime made it a bit better, thanks!

4:21 PM  
Blogger robin andrea said...

I always ask for novocaine without the epinephrine. The dentists hate to give it, because the epinephrine is what keeps the area numb for all those hours and hours (long after it's necessary). It's also what gives that jittery, creepy feeling. It's like a shot of speed or adrenaline. Not exactly the right thing for sedation.

I just started reading Water for Elephants. I'm sure you've already read it, right?

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Climbing Guide to K2 might be calming.

12:07 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

robin a, I have read it. I thought it was a sweet story.

Uh, no, regarding K2...

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home