Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earthy day

In my walkabout erranding, I passed a small garden store. They had some tempting baby vegetable starts, such as Black Russian heirloom tomatoes and dwarf snow peas. Impossible to pass up, so I schlepped them home. Ran into a climbing friend's friend, who was walking his dog with his grown son, both humans eating ice cream cones, which they let the dog lick as well. I was astounded by their indifference to hygiene, but the dog was ecstatic.
The day grew nicer as the afternoon wound down. There was a frightening bit of time at one end of University Avenue when I had to pass a big group of street kids who were fixing to rumble. Two big lunks were howling at one another, and a big lunkette was screaming at another about how nobody wanted to see her fucking G-string, so she should just pay attention and leave. Ah, spring.
Spring brings wild caught Columbia River king salmon, for two weeks only, so I splurged on a little chunk of it. It might not pass our way again for a while, if the runs aren't protected.

1 Comments:

Blogger Springer Kneeblood said...

I have seen people who shared stuff with their dogs...I may even be related to one. It makes me cringe when I see people give a dog a nibble of bacon, then pop the rest of the piece into their mouths.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home