Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Picking up steam

Our dogged persistence in even just gym climbing seems to be showing; we climbed harder than we have for weeks. My friend and I both felt kind of lazy at first, but built up momentum as the session moved along. She's about nine years younger than I, and a very good technical climber, so usually has more staying power than I do. I still default to whatever brute force I have left.
Another swell farmers' market, with some of those astoundingly delicious doughnut peaches to go in the shopping backpack; the fish guy was there, which always makes my day, with fresh king and smoked salmon, wine/maple cured. The curing ingredients don't impair its ambrosial taste, which is something I might choose over just about anything, including chocolate. There was more bi-colored corn, fantastic big tomatoes, handmade ready-to-bake pizzas with unusual ingredients, which I haven't tried yet, but they look wonderful. The little folky musician gave us all a round of "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain", for which he got some tips.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Rogers said...

Doughnut peaches or peach doughnuts. I would be happy with either.

12:39 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Peach doughnuts...well, I've had sweet rolls with fresh peach chunks cooked into them instead of apples,so maybe it'd work...

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home