Sunday, April 25, 2010

Abby normal

Unusually late evening, out with the girls; we went to a fundraiser for a local climbing area which featured a movie about climbing. I had seen a trailer of it, and tried to let the others know it might be kind of strange, but they didn't listen. And so it went; they didn't really cotton to all the bouldering footage, and decided we needed to leave early. I had actually gotten into it, but didn't want to miss my ride. It's odd, watching climbing must be like watching golf for some people, inaccessible and boring, but I get vicarious thrills from seeing people move on rock in ways that I could never do in this lifetime. Probably why guys like sports.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taradharma said...

though I was a climber only briefly in my youth, I love going to the Banff (sp?) film festival and watching people perform all kinds of climbing magic. Much more exciting that golf, I say.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home