Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fabulous day

It was full of music from late morning to evening. Beloved spouse marched and played in the Fremont Solstice Parade, which I followed from start to finish, trying to get some good sound, some videos, and lots of still shots. At one point, in front of a bar and music venue, two bouncers commented on my glee at the band's performance, and offered to hoist me onto their shoulders so I could get a better view. Was so surprised by this that I declined; that'll be the last time I ever get such an invitation. People along the unbelievably thronged parade route were amazingly sweet and generous about letting me squeeze in to use the camera. One guy offered me a beer, from their private party keg; it being barely past noon, I politely demurred. I'd have never made it through the rest of the day.
Evening brought an unlooked-for delight, hearing a wonderful trio play, with guest musicians. Great way to wind down after a strenuous event.

2 Comments:

Blogger robin andrea said...

That does sound like a great day. Will you be posting the video on youtube?

8:13 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

The images are out of my hands now.
You'll have to ask beloved spouse.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home