Monday, July 16, 2012

Fun weekend, including marching in the Bellingham Pride Parade; the weather tormented us on the way up, blowing, spritzing, manifesting as cold and far more than fifty shades of gray, but it was at least dry when we stepped off.
Fine breakfast at the Mount Bakery Cafe, with beloved spouse ordering a Dungeness Crab Benedict atop a Belgian waffle.  An amazing assemblage!
Today became quite beautiful, so I extended a hunting and gathering trip to make a good walk.  At one point I had stopped to check my phone when I became aware of something stirring in the hedge behind me.  I turned around and looked into the face of a small black and white kitten which had ventured out of a fenced in deck and was peeking over my shoulder.  It sniffed my hand as I gave it a pat, and watched me go on down the hill.  Just about the perfect event to cheer me along.
Down in the Fremont neighborhood, some strong young woman was leading a seething group of what looked like 6th graders on some kind of fact-finding tour.  She was pointing to the huge statue of Lenin which looms over one intersection.
"Who can tell me this guy's name?" she shouted to her charges.  One young rake leaped up towards the statue and yelled,"Michael Jackson?"  Much hilarity ensued.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you could get out for such a fun walk. Our temps have cooled down, it makes all the difference.

8:14 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

Sir David Attenborough says we have no one to blame but ourselves; melting ice caps are causing bulging Jet Stream, weather gone amok. Fortunately up in our neck of the woods, we will not wither.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home