Friday, February 18, 2005

End of the week

So... after the usual mama maintenance this morning, I hied me to the climbing gym to set a route that I had planned to work on yesterday, only I had been feeling unwell. The process went relatively quickly - 2 1/2 hours to strip a route and put up a new one. A few of my buddies arrived as I was finishing the route, climbed it, and the two guys claimed it was much easier than I rated it. My female friend tried it, and thought it was fine for 5.9, which had been my estimate. We decided their male egos worked upon them to lower it. Well, duh. That's called "sandbagging" in climbing.
When I got home, the wall-building guys were just about done. One of them told me that it would be finished manana, that tres hombres were going to be working on it. It has been miraculous to watch them transform what was in fact a pile of collapsed rubble into this beautiful straight wall, marching down the sidewalk. Muy bueno!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home