Monday, February 07, 2005

Monday Monday

So I'm looking ahead to being prepared for a series of lead climbing competitions. It's very strange, I truly don't like competing against other people, since often my friends are involved, but I do get a charge of beating myself up. Last year, I had my own category: Intermediate Adult Women over 50. I was the only one in it, so I had no one to thrash except my estimable self. This year, however, they've messed about with the categories, and I am in a group who lead climb 10a-11a difficulty, anyone over 18. I'm not sure just what will come from this particular situation, but there will be more of us, I'm sure, and many younger than I. Dang - I was hoping to get a prize or two out of it!
I'll proceed with the training, regardless. Three days a week, warming up on moderate routes, hoping to have enough energy to try a few harder ones, then even harder toprope routes. So much depends on enough sleep the night before, and for various reasons, not all of them clear to me, I don't always score a full night's repose. Demons, dreams, frettings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home