Friday, February 25, 2005

Rally time

This morning started poorly, after a frequently interrupted night of sleep. Just dragged through the hours, until we went out for a walk. It was foggy and chilly, and served to revive me. So I went over to the gym to remove a route, and set a new one in its place. This activity pepped me up further, to the point of trying out a few new routes two of the guys who work there had just set. One of them was there, and was still enjoying his role as a new "papa" for a very adorable 7 week old chihuahua, a teeny black and white creature they have named Enzo Ferrari. He was so worried about leaving the pup home by itself, and was talking about how he'd left him food, water and toys. I told him it sounded like a rehearsal for having a human baby, but he hurried to assure me that wasn't the case at all! This puppy weighs about a pound, and really is one of the cutest little things I've ever seen. Every other chihuahua I've ever met has been yappy, snappy, and generally ill-tempered, but Enzo just looks up with cartoon-sized eyes and ears and licks the nearest nose. It's very interesting to see this macho young guy melting as he snuggles the critter in his sweatshirt front; and just about all the other guys who work there seem to be smitten with this puppy. It was very sweet, and unlooked for form my perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home