Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hairdo Day

It's just about the best part of my mother's week: getting her hair done at Hair with Flair. We used to walk the seven blocks there and seven back, usually on a Friday, but since last winter and spring's terrible medical woes, i.e., the fainting, and the falling and the accompanying horrors, I've been driving her there. The woman who does her hair is originally from Vietnam, and has an extremely heavy accent; she doesn't talk much, but is very kind ot my mother and very efficient. She also does pedicures, which is a fabulous treat to my mom. Coupled with a trip to the supermarket, then home for a walk, it's a great day for mom.
Got to the gym early, to warm up a bit more than usual. Unsettling news of health problems from both my sister and her husband left me feeling jittery by late afternoon, so I needed to take it out on some climbing routes. Would that I could offer spiritual comfort to her, but I'll have to settle for entreating Mother Earth to send this plague to the White House. There are people in high places who deserve cancer, not my sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home