Friday, March 04, 2005

Fun Friday

Back to the climbing gym, where I put up another 5.9 lead. Niggling little delays made the process a bit longer than I'd hoped it would be, but it wasn't an ordeal. Several of the people I work out with arrived, and we had a good moderate session, with one exception for me, a problem rated 11b at which I've had a couple of tries. Some upwelling of energy miraculously appeared, and I finally got it, all in one attempt.
One of the founders of Climbers for Kerry was there yesterday, and she said they were getting ready to roll out another one. She recommended reading Jim McDermott's writing cited on Daily Kos, but I haven't gone on it to check it out. Mr. McDermott has been a disappointment, although he's about the most liberal member of the US government right now. Lots of "bloviating," as they say, and not much accomplished. Maybe he'll take a risk, and help to get some movement going to counterbalance the Bush League.
VERY early to bed with the Journey to Portugal; he has moved to another region, this one running north and south along the northern coast. More lamenting of poorly conserved artworks, especially stonework. I wonder if they saved anything of value. Saramago decries his country as being one that tears down beautiful old things and replaces tehm with tasteless junk.
A universal human failing, I'd say. Sounds so American.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home